ECopyright © CanvasWorks. All rights reserved.
Frequently Asked Questions
Classic Traditional Needlepoint for the Most Discriminating Stitchers
C A N V A S W O R K S
1. Are the colors on the webpage accurate? Yes -- and no. The clarity of our digital artwork makes some colors especially bright and darkens others. Our pictures don't hold a candle to our handpainted canvases.
2. How do I know if your canvas will fit my bench? (or footstool, or chair -- whatever? We always add an additional two inches on each side of the design for your upholsterer to use when blocking a stitched canvas for furniture and recommend that you stitch an extra inch for "turn-under." If you aren't certain what size to order, ask your retailer to give us a call.
3. What is a Kidney Pillow? In the needlepoint trade, we call the small pillow that you tuck at the back of your chair a kidney pillow. Generally a rectangle, the size is not specific but it offers you an alternative to a full size pillow.
4. I like your designs but your colorways don't work for me. Do you paint custom canvases? Yes, we are happy to adjust our paint colors to fit your home. However -- our delivery is often a number of months out and we don't accept cancellations once your order has been sent to the painters.
5. Your design is too (big/small). Can you make it (bigger/smaller)? If it is a stitch painted design (each stitch is a specific color), yes, we can -- by changing mesh size. The finished canvas will change size according to the mesh we use. Our standard size is 13m. If it is a shade painted design (where colors are blended color book style), we can paint our design as large or small as you like with the design remaining the same.